Creative Web Designer Position
The Creative Web Designer specializes in designing visually appealing and user-friendly websites while adhering to best practices and ensuring a seamless user experience.
The Creative Web Designer works with the Marketing Strategist to create design mock-ups for websites—to be handed off to the development team for implementation—and designs concept-to-delivery for other digital media.
Our ideal Creative Web Designer is an experienced, creative thinker, who possesses energy and passion, has excellent communication skills, and has a sharp eye for details. They are looking for a flexible schedule and hours but can commit to regularly scheduled (Zoom) meetings and timelines for deliverables.
Hours: Part-time, independent contractor
Creative Web Designer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with our Marketing Strategist to create outstanding creative visuals for our clients using today’s best practices for hand-off to the development team.
- Interact directly with clients when needed.
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction.
- Quality assurance and adherence to agreed timelines and due dates.
Creative Web Designer Must-Haves:
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio—primarily websites. Also social media, digital adverts, etc.
- Client interaction experience.
- Full-time freelance/white-label experience.
- Great project management skills.
- Delivers on time, meeting QA requirements.
- People-orientated and able to collaborate with diplomacy.
- Works remotely with own licensed professional software, mainly Adobe Suite.
- Well-versed in website design best practices—presenting designs as XD, Figma, PSD, or similar files.
- Excellent communication skills—both spoken and written—fluent in English.
- Available during business hours Eastern time.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Creative design and execution including digital, web, and ideally print.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience (UX).
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS to ensure success for the development team.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Adobe Suite
Other creative skills and experience, such as knowledge of inbound marketing, development/editing in WordPress and HubSpot platforms, and video editing, are a plus.
- Please provide a resume, links to portfolio samples, and cover letter (as a single document).
- All job applications are to be via the Ocean 5 website application form.
- Check out our website to see if they would be a good fit.
- Educate themselves about our services, expertise, and values.
- Complete the application form—including links to portfolio samples, a cover letter, and resume as a single document.
- Include in your cover letter why you want to join the O5 team and what makes you a great fit.
No recruiters, please.