Marketing Project Manager Position (Client-Facing)
Ocean 5 is seeking a Marketing Project Manager to support our Government Contractor clients.
Our ideal MPM is an experienced, creative thinker, data-driven, and possesses energy, passion, and excellent communication skills. You also have a deep understanding of marketing and creative services in an agency environment, exceptional project management skills, and a knack for building strong client relationships.
Hours: Part-time, independent contractor
Hours are flexible, though most work should be between 8 AM – 5:30 PM ET, Monday through Friday, to collaborate with clients and colleagues.
Location: Fully remote, U.S.
Do you LOVE the idea of a role where you:
- work in a fully remote, flexible environment with an Agile project mindset
- manage a variety of marketing projects such as website design and development, branded collateral, social campaigns, etc.
- build out project plans, organize work, manage workflow, and hit deadlines
- build and maintain strong client relationships
- support multiple clients with a variety of specializations in the GovCon industry
If so, we should talk!
Our MPM will be responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by building relationships, managing expectations, completing projects on time, quality assurance, and reporting.
Project Management Activities
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- Website design, development, and updates
- Digital marketing: SEM, SEO, email, social
- Content writing and design
- Video content creation
Typical Client-Facing Activities Include
- Planning tasks for the upcoming month (the sprint cycle)
- Recommending future activities (the wishlist)
- Coordinating work with Ocean 5 specialists (keep trains running on time)
- Reporting on completed activities and key performance metrics (shows our value)
- Assisting with new client onboarding, including strategic planning and branding messaging development (growing the company)
Typical Internal Activities
- Project planning and review
- Process/efficiency improvement
- Contribute to the overall vision and values of the company
- The Marketing Project Manager will have a leadership role within a matrix organization
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of working both independently and within a team
Preferred Industry Experience
- Government contracting
- Cybersecurity, software, technology
- Understands Agile project management principles
- Project management platform experience, preferably Wrike
- Managing customer satisfaction
- Excellent English language—both written and spoken
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
Useful Additional Skills
- WordPress website updates
- Use of design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and video editing software
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- HubSpot, Mailchimp experience
Degree, post-grad degree and/or relevant experience
About Ocean 5
- Ocean 5 is a growth-driven marketing agency specializing in providing outsourced marketing services to companies with an aggressive growth goal.
- We are recognized subject matter experts for marketing, messaging, websites, and SEO for B2B and B2G (government contracting) companies. We have an energetic, talented team of specialists who work together to provide cohesive, high-quality support to our clients. We tie everything we do back to the business growth goals of our clients.
- Primary industries we serve are: Cyber, Technology and Software, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Distribution.
READ CAREFULLY: Only Applicants who follow these instructions will be considered.
- Please provide a resume and cover letter that gives us some perspective into your unique journey and passion for this role. Please combine your resume and cover letter into a single file. This is more than just a formality—it’s our first introduction to you. Make it count!
- All job applications are to be via the Ocean 5 website application form on this page.
- Check out our website to see if they would be a good fit.
- Educate themselves about our services, expertise, and values.
- Complete the application form—including a cover letter and resume as a single document.
- Include in your cover letter why you want to join the O5 team and what makes you a great fit.
Adherence to these guidelines is paramount.
We value attention to detail, and this is your chance to show that off. We appreciate the effort you put into your application and look forward to getting to know you better!
No recruiters, please.